Metro East Pachyderm Club (MEPC)
Ronald Reagan Memorial Scholarship Program
To encourage our youth to become active in the Republican Party and promote the conservative values Ronald Reagan brought to our nation. The scholarship will recognize students who best emulate Ronald Reagan’s philosophy and principles. It is designed to assist students who will attend college or vocational training in the fall and who demonstrate willingness to use those ideals to make a positive difference in their community.
To support conservative students to become Republican activists in their community.
All graduating high school seniors who reside in St. Clair or Madison Counties, Illinois.
The scholarship includes $500 to be paid to the college of applicant’s choice.
Students may be self-nominated or nominated by a teacher, religious counselor or community leader. Applicants’ requests will be reviewed by the MEPC board of directors at their monthly meeting. A majority vote of the board will determine the recipient. Candidates will be selected by the based on the criteria outlined below.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications:
- Applicant must be a graduating senior who resides in St Clair or Madison Counties, Illinois.
- Applicant must have acceptance at the college or vocational school of their choice as a full time student.
- Applicant must fill out and submit the MEPC Ronald Reagan Memorial Scholarship Application Form.
- Applicant must submit an essay explaining how activism has benefited our country in the past, and how it can benefit it today and in the future as well. (500 word minimum)
- Applicant must show evidence of their service in public or civic affairs that has had a positive impact on the community. Some activities for consideration are:
- Starting a Young Republicans club at their high school.
- Becoming involved in a Republican candidate’s political campaign.
- Becoming a member of The MEPC or County Republican club.
- The top three candidates will appear before the selection committee to be interviewed. Selection committee will deliberate and select the winning candidate.
Application deadline is April 15, 2019. Applications should be mailed to: Metroeast Pachyderm Club, PO Box 1511, O'Fallon Illinois 62269
Notification will occur NLT 15 June 2019.